How To Refinish Hardwood Floors
How to Refinish Hardwood Floors to Perfection
In the home, there is the need for regular maintenance to make life easy for the people that live in the house as well as to protect them. After some years of living in a house or space with hardwood floors, you will realize that they will start to grow old, weak and lose their beauty. This is why it is very important for you to learn how to refinish hardwood floors in order to prevent any accidents that might cause the lives of family or loved ones. Setting off with the process, you will need to be sure of the particular point in the home where this refinishing is going to be done.
1. First of all, make sure you take off from its surface any carpeting to sizes which you can carry. With carpets there, there is no way you can be able to refinish your hardwood floors. This is why it is very important to make sure no matter the type of carpet you have, it is rolled off to be able to dissect and find out exactly what is really happening with to the hardwood floors.
2. If there are any protruding nails, make sure with deal with them all. Nail them into their appropriate spaces and also make sure new nails are fixed where rusty nails are.
3. Also, make sure the floors are clean in order to making on them very easy. Many people find it difficult to clean their hardwood floors before they go ahead to clean them. However; it is very important for this to be done and done well.
4. Make use of a chemical stripper instead of sanding to clean and take away all scratches from the face of the hardwood. However; make sure all the chemical stripper brands you use are followed particularly and with great caution to prevent any mistakes in the long run.
5. Make sure you take out and replace all hardwood floors that need replacements. Keeping hardwood floors that are faulty will only give you so many troubles and nothing else.
6. After you remove the old finish, you will then need to apply a new finish. Make sure this is done in a timely manner with so much caution to enable the very best end result.
Having hardwood floors that are clean and safe to walk on is better than having carpets rolled down on your floors.